These Instructions apply both to Authors, who are publishing a Formal Paper and presenting it at ISPCE and Presenters, who will be presenting a Presentation (without Formal Paper) at ISPCE.
Please note that BOTH an Author of an accepted Formal Paper AND a Presenter of an accepted Presentation (without Formal Paper) MUST register for and attend the symposium AND present their work for it to be published in the proceedings. Works that do not meet these requirements will not be presented at the symposium and Formal Papers will not be published in IEEE Xplore. No exceptions. Cooperation from all involved in the 2019 ISPCE will allow for the volunteer Technical Program Committee members and volunteer Peer Reviewers to assemble the best technical program possible. Thank you in advance!
General: Reviewable Presentation & Formal Paper Preparation
The symposium caters to both practitioners and academics. For this purpose, the format of the submissions is divided into two categories: Presentation (without Formal Paper) and Formal Paper (with Presentation (of Formal Paper)), both having different submission requirements. Please note, as initiated at the 2014 ISPCE, the 2019 Paper and Presentation submission process has been aligned with the process more commonly used by other IEEE symposia and conferences. Please read the following Author & Presenter Instructions carefully to ensure an accurate submission.
For Presentation (without Formal Paper) Submissions
We invite Presenters to submit an Abstract and Reviewable Presentation (without Formal Paper) using the online submission system, EDAS, for presentation at ISPCE 2019. The abstract should summarize the scope of the presentation, the primary results and findings, and be accompanied by a draft, reviewable Presentation for review. This material is needed by the first Author/Presenter deadline of January 1, 2019, so that the Technical Program Committee (TPC) will be able to understand the originality and the value of the work, and its appropriateness for ISPCE 2019. It will also allow for the TPC to make choices on program content based on the quality of submission, redundancy with similar submissions, etc., since it is anticipated that there will be more submissions than presentation time periods (slots). Submissions that are not selected for ISPCE 2019 will be either redirected to ISPCE 2019 or other PSES forums, or held in reserve in case of late cancellations.
A submission implies willingness to register and present the work if the Abstract and Presentation (without Formal Paper) is accepted for presentation at the symposium. Submitters of accepted Presentations (without Formal Paper) must submit the final version by March 16, 2019, register for the symposium, and attend to present their work.
For Formal Paper Submissions
ISPCE 2019 Presentation Template (coming soon)
Authors are invited to submit an Abstract and Reviewable Formal Paper reporting original research of theoretical or applied nature using the online submission system, EDAS. Incomplete submissions may be automatically rejected. The Abstract should summarize the scope of the paper and explicitly include the primary results and findings, emphasizing new advances, theories and/or applications. The Reviewable Formal Paper should contain enough content so that the TPC will be able to understand the originality and the value of the work. It will also allow the TPC to make choices on program content based on quality of submission, redundancy with similar submissions, etc., since it is anticipated that there will be more submissions than presentation time periods (slots). Submissions not selected will be either redirected to ISPCE 2019 or other PSES forums, or held in reserve in case of late cancellations.
A submission implies willingness to register and present the work if the Formal Paper is accepted for presentation at the symposium. Authors must submit the final version of the Formal Paper, including a Presentation (of Formal Paper), by March 16, 2019, register for the symposium, and attend to present their work.
Formal Papers will be reviewed by the TPC in a double-blind process. ISPCE 2019 publishes peer reviewed papers, and our reviewers cannot be influenced by knowing the identity of the author (nor will the identity of the reviewer be shared with the author). Due to this double-blind review, please make sure that any documents submitted for review do not contain ANY personally identifiable information (i.e., name, affiliation, email address, phone numbers, IEEE member number, etc.), as the tracking will be done anonymously by EDAS. ONLY the final, formatted Formal Paper and Presentation (of Formal Paper) should contain personal information, not the initial submission. If you have questions regarding what is and is not personally identifiable information, please contact Shelby Durden, the ISPCE 2019 Manager.
*The maximum length for final Formal Papers should be limited to 6 pages.
**Accepted Papers will be included in the IEEE Xplore digital library and indexed by El/Compendex.
EDAS Details and Author/Presenter Registration
Both Presentation (without Formal Paper) and Formal Paper Submissions
All Abstracts and Reviewable Material for both Presentations (without Formal Paper) and Formal Papers must be submitted electronically through EDAS at http://edas.info. Submit to ISPCE 2019 on the "Submit Papers" page. To simplify abstract slotting to Tracks, authors and submitters will be limited to selecting one Topic area from the listing on the Call for Submissions. If the abstract does not fit any of the topic areas listed, there will be a "Miscellaneous" track to choose. Please note that a submission to ISPCE 2019 implies willingness to register and present the work if the Formal Paper and Presentation of Formal Paper, or Presentation (without Formal Paper) is accepted for presentation at the symposium.
Each lead author of a Presentation (without Formal Paper) submission or a Formal Paper submission must visit the EDAS website and establish an account with a username and password. If you already have an EDAS account, please proceed to the Submission Instructions below. To establish a new EDAS account, follow these instructions:
- Visit www.edas.info and click the New User button.
- Create your profile. Only the five fields with the red asterisk are required. *It is very important that your name and affiliation associated with your EDAS account are correct and match the name and affiliation that will be listed on your paper or presentation. These fields are first & last name, affiliation (company or organization), country, e-mail address, and status. When the fields are filled in, check the Privacy Policies box and click the Add Person button. [note: if you select USA as the country, you will get a message asking for your state]
- You will receive an e-mail containing your password. Your email address and the given password must later be used to access the system during the following steps, so be careful to remember it.
- You can then return to the EDAS log-in page (http://www.edas.info) and change your assigned password to one that is easier to remember. To do this, click on the 'My Profile' tab, and then click on change your password. Be sure to record your username, password, and ID number for later reference.
- Please note that reviewers will not be able to view author information during the review process, in order to ensure an unbiased review.
To submit your abstract for a Presentation (without Formal Paper) or Formal Paper submission, please login at http://edas.info/ and follow these steps:
- Click the 'Submit Paper' tab after logging into EDAS.
- Find ISPCE 2019 in the list of Conferences accepting submissions, and click on the button in the Submit column (far right) to submit your abstract or presentation.
- Click on the Track in which you want the work to be included.
- Type in the title of the Formal Paper or Presentation (without Formal Paper).
- Then select the topic area your work falls under best. [note: This will help in choosing the reviewers and finalizing the program. The PDF of your Abstract or Presentation will be uploaded on the next screen]
- Click the Submit button.
- On the next page, you will have a large green check mark and a statement that the Abstract was successfully recorded.
- EDAS uses Manuscript to refer to the PDF form of your Abstract or Presentation.
- Authors of Presentations may upload the PowerPoint file. Authors of Full Papers must upload the PDF of the manuscript.
- The last row says Manuscript, and has an icon of a blue folder next to it. Click on this icon, and then you can upload the PDF of your Abstract for both Presentations (without Formal Paper) and Formal Papers on the next page.
- You can also upload the Abstract or Presentation by clicking on the 'My Papers' tab at the top of the screen, and then select the upload icon on the same row as the name of your work. The upload icon will open a dialog box that will enable you to select and upload the file via the web or FTP.